Ferrets/Ferret with asthma

KEVIN wrote at 2016-02-21 22:11:46
My ferret has asthma and the vet advise a plastic gallon water bottle with a hole in, taped round edges so not to hurt animal, and ventilin pumped in, then put the ferret in and hold him in till he get a few good breaths.

Also brycanal syrup 1 drip morning and night seem to work, on a bit of food which they like. He now rarely suffers from attacks.  

Cindy Petrauskas

I have owned these little weasels for over 16 years. While I cannot diagnose a condition, I feel confident to have gained enough knowledge to answer most questions concerning general health, nutrition, training, safety, cage requirements, games, grooming, vaccination, behavior, nipping, adoption, care of ill and elderly, and common symptoms of diseases. I have personally witnessed adrenal tumors, malignant cancer and liver failure in my own pets, and have seem many other conditions at my job as a vet technician for six years. Now I am studying for my doctorate in veterinary medicine, but as previously mentioned, I cannot diagnose a condition. That can only be done by a licensed veterinarian. I will, however, do my very best to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

I have been a ferret owner (or owned by the carpet sharks!) for the past 16 years, as well as a shelter volunteer (Ferret Association of CT) for many more. I am now a third-year veterinary student at Louisiana State University, and I hope to specialize in these little guys!! There are so few doctors that will treat ferrets. I have my bachelor's degree in bio-molecular science, and I am currently enrolled at the the LSU College of Veterinary Medicine for my DVM degree.

Louisiana State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ferret Association of CT, Student Chapter of the American Society of Veterinary Medicine

Present: Louisiana State School of Veterinary Medicine: 2009-2013 (DVM Degree) Past: Farmington Valley Veterinary ER (ER tech): 2007-current Veterinary Specialists of CT (vet tech): 2006-2007 Central Connecticut State University: 2001-2006 (BS in Bio-medical)