Hi please can you help out of the blue one of my ferrets has red saw feet,only the front two he is often scratches on a capet or his bedding but this redness on his feet has never happend before, it looks saw and he dose not like it when you touch it , i'm sure my vet will know but i would like your opinion. thankyou

Hello Sherill,

What kind of cage does your furry little friend have?  If The floor is wire it could be the problem. If so cover the floor with plastic dinner table place mats. They are esy to wipe off and offer relief to those tiny ferret feet.   Is there a possibility that he's come into contact with a floor cleaner?

In any case, he needs help.  In order to ward off a nasty infection, I strongly suggest he see a vet ASAP.

Fond Regards,

Janet Russek

I can answer questions re: Feeding(keeping that body weight up) General Care, Safety, Behavior, Best Cages, Proper Toys, Dangers to Ferrets (ferret proofing your home), Play Area/Room Suggestions.

I've raised ferrets very successfully for approximately twelve years. I usually kept three at a time. I presently have one. I've tried a variety of cages, habitats, toys, treats.

Highschool grad with some college.