Ferrets/ferret vs rat

do ferrets and rats get along. not in a daily cage but just to socialize and play

Dear Lisa,
Ferrets and rats, Hmmmmm.  Well it sounds like it might be fun but, ferrets are carnivors so the ferret might have a lot more fun than the rat.  In nature, rats are on the ferrets menu so I don't think I'd want to take the chance.  Why don't you add another ferret to the family and stay on the safe side?

I am, however, delighted that you asked your question before trying the mix.  You are a very wise ferret owner.

Best of luck and warm regards,

Janet Russek

I can answer questions re: Feeding(keeping that body weight up) General Care, Safety, Behavior, Best Cages, Proper Toys, Dangers to Ferrets (ferret proofing your home), Play Area/Room Suggestions.

I've raised ferrets very successfully for approximately twelve years. I usually kept three at a time. I presently have one. I've tried a variety of cages, habitats, toys, treats.

Highschool grad with some college.