Ferrets/Feeding a ferret?

Hey! I've had my boy for 3 weeks now and he's a great ferret! Though I was wondering what would be the proper food to feed him?
As of currently I am feeding him 8 in 1 Ultra Blend Select. Is that an alright food, or should I look into switching him?

Hello Danielle,

Yes, any good brand ferret food that you purchase at your pet store is fine.  Just remember if you decide to switch food, change over gradually.  Add a little of the new food to his regular diet each day.  Add a little more of the new food accordingly until you've made the complete switch.  Drastically switching foods all at one time can cause the little guy to develop diarrhea.  That can be serious for any ferret.  Don't forget his vitamins, they are VERY important.  I use FerretVite.

Janet Russek

I can answer questions re: Feeding(keeping that body weight up) General Care, Safety, Behavior, Best Cages, Proper Toys, Dangers to Ferrets (ferret proofing your home), Play Area/Room Suggestions.

I've raised ferrets very successfully for approximately twelve years. I usually kept three at a time. I presently have one. I've tried a variety of cages, habitats, toys, treats.

Highschool grad with some college.