Ferrets/behavior questions

Question
Hello there,

My name is Marissa we have had our ferret for a year now she is a year and a half old. She is litterbox trained and has a proper corner ferret litterbox. We have had her for about 6 months and she has always been pretty good about going in her litterbox other than the times she wanted to be lazy but nipped that in the butt with a few tricks. I change her litter every night and properly clean her cage but the last few weeks she will poop in her litterbox once, maybe twice in a day and then wants to poop every where else in her cage after that first poop in the new litter. I don't understand why she's doing this. Despite my efforts of taking the scent out of her favorite poop areas and covering them she will still do it. She use to fill her box up and I'd clean it every night but its like now she wants to only poop some where once and then poop every where else. I don't understand what's going on. Help!

Answer
Hi Marissa:

Sounds like you are doing everything perfectly....except one thing.....99 out of 100 ferrets HATE corner litterboxes.  I think if you get her a high sided rectangle litterbox, your problem will be solved.

One more thing, in case that doesn't work...best to try both at the same time, then trmove the blankies after a week or sooooand that is to use baby receiving blankets or any oft blankies ll around the litterbox where you don't want her to go.  Frttrys will rarely potty on theor blankies....but I will bet it's the rectangle high sided litterbox.  :-))  good luck..on't know anyone it hasn't worked for.  I am surprised she has been so good at using the triangle box....she must REALLY want to be a good girl for  you!

Sincerely,
Jacquie

Ferrets

Jacquie Rodgers