Ferrets/I was wondering

Question
I just bought two ferrets and they keep sneezing im mot sure if its cause they have a dog bed torn up with the stuffing all over or if its the litter i got was wrong. Guy i bought them froM said its bbq walnut litte and the only thing was dessert blend it looks the same as old stuff when i changed it he barried his head in it but they sneeze and itch so i need to know whats going on with the sneezing

Answer
Dear Nicole,
Ferrets are very sensitive to any type of dust.  Make sure the litter you use is NOT the clump kind and is dust free.  Also, don't leave the bed stuffing lying around loose.  You'll also want to wash their bedding in very little soap (rinse well) and don't use any fabric softener.

For clean up, use white vinegar water (1 part vinegar to 3 parts water.  White vinegar is a great odor fighter and it also repels mites and fleas (they hate it).

I hope I've been of help and I wish you and your little fuzzies well.  Feel free to contact me if you need further help.  Oh, and don't forget the vitamins; very important.
Warm Regards,
Janet  

Ferrets

Janet Russek