Ferrets/Morning Ferret

Question
So my ferret, Emmett, recebtly figured out a way to escape his cage. I woke up this morning to find him on my face. Is there a reason for this? I know I need to fix the cage, but I'm curious as to why he was on my face. Thanks!

Answer
Hello Ann,

Yes, these little fuzzies are amazing escape artists.  I had to use twist ties to secure my ferret's cage doors.  Always have to be just one jump ahead.

Emmett was obviously seeking out his best friend.  Time to play, right?  He must certainly love you.

The most important thing here is to find out how he gets out of his cage.  It can be dangerous for these little guys to get out when you are unaware.  It there's trouble, they'll be in the middle of it.

I hope I've answered your question.

Warm Regards,
Janet  

Ferrets

Janet Russek