Ferrets/Ferret Food - Stressing!

I have two ferrets. One is a chubber and the other is just the right weight but I've recently been looking into their food and am finding that Marshall is terrible for them! I feel so bad because I had no idea! I'm looking into switching their diet but there are so many conflicting reviews online and I just don't know what to feed them. Do I mix foods? If so, which ones? I just want to make sure they're getting the best diet possible.

Thank you in advance!

Generally you want to find a food with meat as a main ingredient.  I like Natural Gold and Totally Ferret but there are some others out there.  You can mix the food unless they don't eat the new food, then offer them the new food alone and only give them the old food if they refuse the new.

Ailigh Vanderbush

I am a certified pet behaviorist and own a consultation business. I can answer questions about all aspects of ferret care, especially behavior problems. I am not a vet, but can direct you to exotic vets if needed. Feel free to check out my web site

I have had ferrets for a number of years, have raised kits and have spoken at ferret conferences. I am a certified pet behaviorist and own a consultation business, Animalia.

IAABC, Circle City Ferret Club

Ferrets USA