Ferrets/my ferret

i have a ferret who is at least 7 years old. all he does is sleep hardly eats or drinks and is falling a lot. his stool is also black. he is loosing his hair on his back side. can you give me any insite on what could be wrong??  

thank you

Hello Nita

The best advice I can give you is to take your little fuzzie to a vet.  Very dark or black stool is a red flag that something is definitely not right.  In addition,considering his age and the fact he is not eating or drinking are also signs of illness.  If it were me, I'd have him checked out as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm not qualified to give medical advice.  I certainly wouldn't want to tell you something that may cause additional harm.

I sincerely hope your little guy checks out okay and everything goes well.

Warm Regards,

Janet Russek

I can answer questions re: Feeding(keeping that body weight up) General Care, Safety, Behavior, Best Cages, Proper Toys, Dangers to Ferrets (ferret proofing your home), Play Area/Room Suggestions.

I've raised ferrets very successfully for approximately twelve years. I usually kept three at a time. I presently have one. I've tried a variety of cages, habitats, toys, treats.

Highschool grad with some college.