Poodle wrote at 2011-09-17 03:09:56
In March I went to a Specialist in Vet Dermatology as my show poodle was itching and losing coat fast.   He was diagnosed with Microsporum Gypseum -ringworm.

He is now cleared ( August) and it has taken me this long.   

Treatment - Griseofulvin Tabs for 6 weeks

Weekly Lime sulphur 4% dips or Malaseb Shampoo if you cant stand the smell and discolooration of the coat but cure will take longer.   (I used Malaseb as the Lime Sulphur dips faded badly his black coat.)   Do this for 6 weeks then have 2 weeks break and start the Treatment again for a further 6 weeks.   My poodle has only just started to grow back her coat again.   My other show poodles did not contact the disease.  

Anonymous wrote at 2014-08-20 10:03:33
Be careful! Tea tree oil is a neurotoxin to dogs.  It must be very very diluted if used at all!!

robin wrote at 2014-09-02 03:23:49

Tea tree oil is toxic for both dogs and cats. DO NOT use tea tree oil to treat your pets!!! You can easily confirm this is true by doing an online search regarding the toxicity for pets.

The Long Island Gardener

Do you know the wrong fertilizer will keep your plants from blooming? Do you know that too much Nitrogen can kill your grass, even if it does not burn the roots? Do you know that Roses need a LOT of Nitrogen to bloom -- and why is that? There's some complex chemistry in those plant foods. The secrets behind N-P-K are the key to the ultimate lawn, the the biggest flowers, the most fruits and vegetables. And if you don't get it right, you could be sorry. I'll show you what you did wrong, and how to fix it.

Homeowner with gardens indoors and outdoors, lawns back and forth. I wrote my first gardening column for our college newspaper, teaching roomates about the right way to feed those windowsills gardens. Today I look for challenges. Organic Fertilizers are the key to proper feeding of all our plants. Can you make your own fertilizer? Some people think so -- but there are side effects. I have been there, done that for 54 years and there is nothing like the voice of experience when it comes to Horticulture and Fertilizers.

Numerous and sundry but only in college did I write about plants.

B.A., Botany and Mass Communications.