Fetishism/Fetishism

Question
Hello,

I'm studying at an art academy and for a certain subject we are doing some research on fetishism. The word fetish nowadays is mostly related to sexual things compared to when the concept was created. Is there a reason for this?

Answer
Hi Gaby

The main reason for the change is that more openness and access to the fetish scene has been created by the internet and other media. Fetishism covers a wide variety of activities from foods to sexual deviation. The masses concentrate on the more outlandish aspects and this is mainly the sexual actions. However many aspects cover the body modifications as well as the bdsm scene.

It interests the secret society to look at the sexual scene but overall fetishism is really very very wide, but as I said not many are interested in wet and messy without titillation being front and centre.

I hope this helps

Chip

Fetishism

Chris Norris