Fibromyalgia/Fibromyalgia

Question
QUESTION: I'm about to pull my hair out trying to find info on the diagnosis I received of fibromyalgia. I've been put on Lyrica and am taking Magnesium. How long before I see improvements in the fatigue and the pain? I was also trying to find out there is anything else I can do other than medications, but not going to cause adverse reactions to what I am taking to help w/ the symptoms (i.e. (though I'd rather not be dependent on them, but for days that I just can't get with it) can I drink energy drinks to help; can I take any supplements other than Magnesium to help with the pain too?) Also any other info to help better understand what I have would be appreciated. Is it possibly a hereditary thing? I was also diagnosed with 2 forms of neuropathy,(compressive and peripheral (not due to diabetes)) how do I know which symptoms are caused by which diagnosis? Is it a disease or a disorder? I am so lost trying to understand it.

ANSWER: Fibromyalgia is a disorder of your nervous system.  Basically your body is not processing pain signals properly.  Medications work by blocking pain signals of your body.  Some work and some don't.

What city do you live in in Colorado?  I know a few doctors that might be able to help you.

Dr. Tom Gibson, DC
www.thefolsomchiropractor.com
www.themigrainedoctor.com

QUESTION: I live in a small town in the mountains just west of Idaho Springs. I currently am going to Colorado Neurology Specialists. I do have restrictions with my insurance as to who I can see, but any help is appreciated.

ANSWER: I know of two doctors.  One in Littleton and the other in Boulder.  

QUESTION: Littleton would be closer.

Answer
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  

Here is the information

Dr. Mark DeMeester
Upper Cervical Chiropractor

6657 W. Ottawa Ave.
Littleton, CO 80128
303-601-3820

I trained with him and he will take great care of you.  Let him know that I sent you.

Dr. Gibson

Fibromyalgia

Tom Gibson, D.C.