Fibromyalgia/itching and unstoppable scratching only in legs

Question
Hi.
My doctor says this terrible itching and scratching till blood is present only along nerve routes in my legs is due to my fibromyalgia.  Is this a common symptom of fibromyalgia?
Thanks for taking my question.

Donna

Answer
Fibromyalgia is  not really a disease or condition.  It is actually a syndrome which is defined as a group of symptoms that have been named.

In my experience fibromyalgia is due to problems with how your nervous system is functioning.  there are a few doctors (called upper cervical specific chiropractors) that have additional training that might help you identify what may be causing these symptoms.  

If you let me know what city and state you are in I can direct you to the nearest doctor.  They might be able to find out what is going on.

Your in health

Dr. Gibson

Fibromyalgia

Tom Gibson, D.C.