Fibromyalgia/Might i have Fibromyalgia, Should i see a doctor?

Question
Hello,

I am a white female, 22 years old about to be 23. I have been diagnosed with IBS-D, and have several digestive intolerances rating off the charts for Lactose and Fructose. About 2 years ago i was diagnosed with Sciatica pain, which took over a month to overcome. The Sciatica still flares up sometimes, but not a huge problem. I have been feeling fatigued lately, but am not sure if thats just because i'm stressed as i am a double major in college finishing my last semester with a full load, or if it could be related to Fibromyalgia.

I recently have not been able to fall asleep easily. Sitting in complete darkness in my room alone until 1AM every night wondering when i'll fall asleep.

In addition, I have been in a pretty high amount of pain. The pain is located on both sides of my body, back of the thigh from the bottom of my but to the inside of my knee cap. This pain feels like achy muscle pain, but i am concerned because i have not exerted any physical activity at least within the last two weeks. This pain has been progressively getting worse for the past three days. The pain lasts all day in the back of my thighs making it difficult to do things such as walking up/down stairs (which is something i do a lot at college).
In the mornings i wake up with all over body pain, this had been going on for a very long time now, i just thought it was the way I slept, but now i'm wondering if it could perhaps be related to my thigh pain.

Is Sciatica related to Fibromyalgia in some way?

Should i see a doctor?

Is random thigh pain normal?

Am i too young to have a health condition like Fibromyalgia?

Answer
Ashleigh,

My heart goes out to you. Let me encourage you and tell you there are many things you can do hat I believe will help. I will present some ideas that I have seen that worked. Keep working. You will find answers. I say that because I have.

If I could do it all over again, I would not seek a FMS diagnosis because I found that doctors didn't always take me seriously afterward. They just brushed off many of my health concerns. There are no great therapies inside that diagnosis.

Doctors typically put you on an antidepressant, which may or may not help. I am not discounting this, but some don't get enough help. I do like Wellbutrin for FMS or other disorders. Sometimes it has to be mixed with other MEDS to work smoothly.

If you want to try something now, here is something I have seen work to help many inflammatory conditions. Try a three week holiday off milk, gluten grains and sugar. I know this sounds hard, but it is not as hard as it used to be. We have ready made things like rice milk, gluten free breads (Udi's is my favorite.), and healthy sweeteners like honey, agave, or stevia. These foods can cause a lot of pain for some. You will need to read labels. If this doesn't do it, consider a Paleo diet just short term to see how you respond. The IBS usually gets a lot better. High powered probiotics can be helpful. Often the diet is the most important.

There is a supplement called Cortisol Manager that can really help with stress and sleep. It is rare when it doesn't work.

Sciatica can be related to FMS. The thigh pain can be a part of conditions like FMS. You are not too young to get FMS, but I believe you can find things to help you so much. You may need to lower your stress level. You may not be created for the "fast lane."  

Fibromyalgia

Patricia Stephens addfibro@yahoo.com Fibromyalgia