Figure Skating/Extended Project Qualification on Figure Skating and Physiotherapy

Jessica wrote at 2012-11-20 18:28:44
Hi Jessica, My name is also Jessica and am too taking part in extended project! I am not a figure skater, but an a semi pro footballer for crystal palace ladies. in 2011 i tore my ACL and Meniscus in a lovely tackle. i had to wait till march of this year for the operation and then went on physiotherapy and am still to this day getting physio for my knee. i got many drugs before and after my operation, but if it wasnt for going through the pain of physio, i would never of got back to playing football again so soon. yes the operation fixed my knee, but it didnt strengthen and condition it to the point where i could play again at the fittest i could be without my opinion physio helps the client ie me, get back to full fitness, but then the need for the operation to mechanically fix my knee was paramount. i hope this has helped you in your studies!  

Figure Skating

gary beacom

all questions relating to figure skating technique, equipment, nutrition, training, and performance

Gary Beacom's Vade Mecum

bachelor of science, university of toronto