Figure Skating/ISI competition

Question
I want to compete in ISI competition. Do you need a private coach? I know there is a instructor signature on the application form, but can a group lesson coach sign that? I can choreograph by myself, but do I have to have a private coach for the registration?

Answer
Well this is tricky...technically I guess you can enter.  You will need to be tested to the level.  I would suggest having a coach for at least one lesson to make sure your elements are correct and all rules followed.  If your rink has a designated "Team Coach" for the competition this would help you.  At the competition if there are any problems again it is tricky with no one to help you.  If you were an experienced competitor no problem, but first time out could be tough.  
Talk to your Skating Director and see which coach is going to that event.  Maybe they would agree to check your routine and help you.  But make it clear that you are not looking for a private coach permanently.

Good luck and I hope you do well!
Dianne

Figure Skating

Dianne DeLeeuw