Figure Skating/Research Project

Hello my name is Olivia and I attend Francis Howell Middle School. I'm doing my research project on figure skating and I was wondering if you could answer these questions.
1. Is choreographing hard
2. What type of music is easy to dance to
3. How many years have you figure skated
4. What made you want to be a figure skating expert
5. Do you ever get tired of what you do

1. Choreography is difficult but enjoyable.  You must create routines to fit the skater, age, level and event.
2. I use all types, the skater must like it and feel it.  But it must suit the age and event.  This is the hardest part!
3. I started when I was 4.
4. I trained many years, competed internationally, won the world Championship and an Olympic medal.  It was always the sport and Art I was passionate about!
5. Coaching is a hard profession. You work long and odd hours in a cold rink.  But it is very satisfying when your skaters achieve their goals.  

Good luck on your project!

Figure Skating

Dianne DeLeeuw

I can answer questions about figure skating, choreography, ISI or USFS. Also questions about competing (my Olympic experience or your own competition). I`m a National referre for ISI. Recently I also have been appointed a National Technical Specialist for US Figure Skating. But remember I am not your substitute for a coach! They can see what you are doing! To correct or instruct you on manuevers is really not what I want to do.

Experience: World Champion and Olympic Silver Medalist, coaching all levels of skaters at in California. I coach all levels and ages of skating from tiny tots to adults, first timers to International competitors. I also do choreography, music editing, teach specialty classes and give seminars.

Organizations: US Figure Skating, ISI, PSA, All Year Figure Skating Club

Publications: Recreational Ice Skater, The Edge

Awards: 1976 Olympic Silver Medalist, 1975 World Champion, 1976 European Champion, 6 time National Champion, US and Canadian Double Gold Medalist, 1999 ISI Great Skate Award, 2002 Woman of the Year

US Figure Skating category A certification