Figure Skating/competing

does it matter of your place in line when competing?Do u get more nervous slating after someone gave great performance?

Most skaters don't watch the other skaters before them.  In fact you see them with a headset to block it out.  But when you step on the ice it is hard to ignore the roar of the crowd, announced scores, etc.  You have trained for that and hopefully are able to stay within your own thoughts.  My skaters like the 2nd position after warmup the best as they can use the full 6 minutes, have a small rest and then go!  Each skater however is different.

Enjoy the Olympics!

Figure Skating

Dianne DeLeeuw

I can answer questions about figure skating, choreography, ISI or USFS. Also questions about competing (my Olympic experience or your own competition). I`m a National referre for ISI. Recently I also have been appointed a National Technical Specialist for US Figure Skating. But remember I am not your substitute for a coach! They can see what you are doing! To correct or instruct you on manuevers is really not what I want to do.

Experience: World Champion and Olympic Silver Medalist, coaching all levels of skaters at in California. I coach all levels and ages of skating from tiny tots to adults, first timers to International competitors. I also do choreography, music editing, teach specialty classes and give seminars.

Organizations: US Figure Skating, ISI, PSA, All Year Figure Skating Club

Publications: Recreational Ice Skater, The Edge

Awards: 1976 Olympic Silver Medalist, 1975 World Champion, 1976 European Champion, 6 time National Champion, US and Canadian Double Gold Medalist, 1999 ISI Great Skate Award, 2002 Woman of the Year

US Figure Skating category A certification