Filemaker/Mail Merge the contents of a container field.

Question
merge result
merge result  
Layout
Layout  
QUESTION: Hi
Is there any way to show the contents of a container field instead of the filename, I need to print the image of a captured png file but it just shows the name of the file,  this happens in the print layout using merge fields, attached is the example

ANSWER: You cant do it with a mail merge field on a layout because mail merge is merely text.   It would have to be a container field to show the contents of the container field.

Jamey

QUESTION: Ok, But how do i do that
Thanks

Answer
The container field, even if it were a calculation would only show the contents of the container field.   You could have two fields close together - the mail merge field and the container field arranged in such a way that it sort of looks like one field.   Would that work for you?

Filemaker

Jamey Key