Filemaker/Mail Merge the contents of a container field.

merge result
merge result  
Is there any way to show the contents of a container field instead of the filename, I need to print the image of a captured png file but it just shows the name of the file,  this happens in the print layout using merge fields, attached is the example

ANSWER: You cant do it with a mail merge field on a layout because mail merge is merely text.   It would have to be a container field to show the contents of the container field.

QUESTION: Ok, But how do i do that

The container field, even if it were a calculation would only show the contents of the container field.   You could have two fields close together - the mail merge field and the container field arranged in such a way that it sort of looks like one field.   Would that work for you?

Jamey Key

NEW and INTERMEDIATE USERS. WHAT CAN FILEMAKER PRO DO FOR ME? I have been using FileMaker products for over 10 years and have basic knowledge in all areas of FileMaker database set up and use. I`m not prepared to answer questions about complex situations or calculations but can help beginners and intermediate users set up and use FileMaker databases.

Have been using FileMaker since 1989 in our business. We have 10 users on the network who use these databases every day. Our largest databases have had over 30,000 records at one time. In 1995 one of my files was chosen as "Most Unique Database" in a contest sponsored by Claris, maker of FileMaker. Recently I have developed a set of files for new computer system installed at our church.