Filemaker/Invoice

Question
Two questions:
1) How to remove the auto invoice calculation and allow the ability to enter in your own invoice numbers?
2) How to get the Summary to print on the invoices.

Coming from a service industry Id like to summarize the work performed in the summary section but allow that to be printed, saved on the pdf that would be emailed as well.

Answer
Hello Nikke;

1) If a figure is being auto calculated, just go to Manage Database, select the field and click Options.  Then uncheck the AUTO ENTER option that is being auto entered.  Your field may in fact be defined as a CALCULATION, and in that case you can't keep it from auto entering.   To keep a number from appearing, it must be defined as a NUMBER with auto enter unchecked.

2) Your summary field must in fact be defined as a SUMMARY and it can be placed in the header, body or footer parts of the layout.  It will show up when printed or saved as a PDF

If you need help with any of this, email me directly:  jameykey@jkat.com

Jamey

Filemaker

Jamey Key