Financial Stocks/Computing Percentages

Question
if john's percentage of the contribution $3000 in june is 8.33% and that of july  for $2250 is 13.33% how do you calculate the total percentage for the sum of the contributions.(its for my investment club model I am putting together since I am having different figures it does not balance when I compute)

Answer
Thank you for the question.
Try first doing june, then july separately as the first step.
You should get a dollar amount for June, and a dollar amount for july. (8.33% of 3000 and 13.33% of 2250).

Add those two figures from above together, and figure out what percentage that figure is in relation to the total contribution for the two months ($5,250).

Hope that helps,

Sincerely,
Paul Henneman
President
ValuEngine Inc
www.ValuEngine.com

Financial Stocks

Paul Henneman