Financial Stocks/market open order

Question
I place a phone  order with my broker to purchase 100 shares FURX on Feb 4/2013, specifying I want to buy at the market open (no price limit).This conversation was very close to the open at 9:30. The broker placed the order and told me (while still on the phone with him)that we bought at $121. the nasdaq open price was $114.6.
When I enquired, I was told by the supervisor that few seconds could have elapsed before the order was electronically executed. (The price truly ran from opening at 114.6 to $121 in few seconds).Yet I specified the order as "at the market open"
Do I have a case?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Tony

Answer
Tony,
  Thank you for the question! Unfortunately no, you do not have a case. It sounds like the broker did initiate the trade immediately, and if the trade was executed within a few seconds, that is the best anyone can hope for.  
  There are many institutions and investors looking to trade the open. Changes in price happen quickly, so it sounds to me like you received good service, and it is simply unfortunate that the price moved against you so quickly. I do not think that you have any legal actions that you could take successfully.

Best Regards,
Paul

Paul Henneman
President
ValuEngine Inc
www.ValuEngine.com

Financial Stocks

Paul Henneman