Financial Stocks/share price index

Question
what does non-market capitalisation method of calculating share price index consist of?does it include price and equal weighted method?

Answer
Anabell,
  Thank you for your question! Yes, basically you are correct. Non market cap weighted index means that each company has equal impact on the index regardless of the size of the company. It is typically regarded as a far more simple way to calculate an index, but perhaps less accurate as a small micro cap company's share price has the same impact as a macro cap, giant company in the calculation of the overall index price.

I hope that helps, please reply if I can offer anything additional.

Sincerely,
Paul Henneman
President
ValuEngine Inc
www.ValuEngine.com

Financial Stocks

Paul Henneman