Financial Stocks/stock value

I have 600 shares of McLeod USA stock- Class A common shares. I know the company is a subsidiary of Windstream. How can I determine if these stock certificates hold any value today?

Thank you for your question!
It does appear that Windstream holdings is a publicly traded company, which would mean that you could possibly now have shares in the current company.
  However, every acquisition is different, and the only way to know for sure if your 600 shares of McLeod have converted into Windstream stock, and how much they are worth, would be to contact the company directly.  Here is some contact information I located, hopefully it is current:

Windstream Holdings Inc
LITTLE ROCK   AR   72212
P: 501.748.7000

I hope that helps, please do not hesitate to follow up with me if I can offer anything additional.

Paul Henneman
ValuEngine Inc

Financial Stocks

Paul Henneman

Stock forecasting and fair market valuations. I am happy to try to answer any questions for investors trying to manage their funds for the future. I will NOT ANSWER HOME WORK questions from students in finance or economics. Over half the questions I get are from students studying finance, located in India. Having someone on the internet answer your homework questions is not the way to build the knowledge you need for a career. All other questions are welcome and encouraged.

15 years in a leadership role at a Financial research company. Provide research to institutions on a high level such as Wells Fargo advisors, Fidelity, Bank of NY, Scotia Bank, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, McGraw Hill, and others.

Florida International University, University of Florida, over 20 years in the business.

Past/Present Clients,,, Bank of NY, numerous hedge funds and institutions, other partners and clients can be viewed at