Financing -- Loans/Angel Investors

I've tried to research my question on my own, as well as looked over your past Q&A, but can't seem to find the answer to what I'm looking for...

Regarding angel investors, I've heard that they generally ask for 25%-30% in return for their investment. Is that for the *whole* life of the business? Or only until they earn their investment back plus a certain amount?

Sorry for my ignorance, but we all have to learn somewhere, right?!(LOL)

Thanks for at least being thoughtful about asking your question.

Many ask questions, that could easily have been googled, so I appreciate your pre-work.

Typically they will want a 25-30% IRR on the life of their investment.

However, this can be negotiated somewhat, depending on the desirability of your idea/concept/creation/product/company, etc.

You must be clear on what YOU GET, for the investment...

Do you get management assistance?

Marketing?  R&D?  Do you agree with THEIR strategies for the development and growth of your company?

Do you like the people?  Have they been successful with a similar product or idea?

Interview other entrepreneurs, in whom they have invested, both successes and failures.

Get an attorney to assist you in the negotiation, one who is knowledgeable in venture capital investment structure.

Good luck.  

Financing -- Loans

Finance Guy

1. All questions relating to finance 2. All practical aspects of mergers and acquisitions 3. Many general business questions

Considerable experience in the area consisting of 25 years in both consumer and commercial finance and business management, including 15 years specializing in international Mergers and Acquisitions with over $100 billion in assets acquired Education/Credentials Business administration undergrad Wharton post grad in finance Awards and Honors numerous corporate awards Past/Present clients range from small enterprenurial companies to large multinationals