Financing -- Loans/Handicap Van Financing

I am looking to develop a micro-financing opportunity for disabled (primarily Paraplegics) to buy accessible vans.  When I purchased mine in after an accident in 2002 it was $50K and a standard bank loan.  I paid if off in a couple of years thanks to the generosity of friends and coworkers benefit proceeds.  The cost is very high which means a lot of people cannot afford the independence.

In order to develop a feasibility plan for potential investors I need to know:

What are the default rates on mobility loans?
Are the default rates higher or lower than other vehicle loans?
How long do people normally keep mobility vehicles?
Is this a  longer or shorter period of time than other vehicles?
What is the average interest rate paid on a mobility vehicle?
What is the resale value of a mobility vehicle?

I have searched and search and am unable to determine how to obtain this information.  Do you have any ideas on the answers or where I might go to find them?  I do not know of any finance institutions that focus purely on handicapped needs financing.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is a very under-served population.

Interesting and worthy concept.

As there is no specialty finance company that I am aware of that focuses on this area, any finance activity here will be an
ad hoc, one off loan, perhaps done on a personal level at a bank or specialty vehicle dealership.

I really don't have any good advice for you as to how to get hard statistics on this.

Anecdotally, if you can find a good listing of people how have purchased accessibility vans, then find a way to solicit them for
an opinion survey, asking them to participate in a survey, and present your questions, that may be a way to get at least some preliminary info.

Good luck...  

Financing -- Loans

Finance Guy

1. All questions relating to finance 2. All practical aspects of mergers and acquisitions 3. Many general business questions

Considerable experience in the area consisting of 25 years in both consumer and commercial finance and business management, including 15 years specializing in international Mergers and Acquisitions with over $100 billion in assets acquired Education/Credentials Business administration undergrad Wharton post grad in finance Awards and Honors numerous corporate awards Past/Present clients range from small enterprenurial companies to large multinationals