Financing -- Loans/Bank Employees Transfer.

Question
Dear JT Holt

In India the Bank Employees are transferred from one branch to another branch. They get promotions in their Grade by accepting the transfer.

Is this Bank Business rule mandatory in all countries?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
I'm unsure about other countries, but I do know this is not mandatory in the United States.  Often promotions or room for advancement comes with a transfer just due to soemone leaving their position as another location.  It is not mandatory for you to take the transfer.  It does seem the nature of banking is if you want to advance quickly you must be willing to relocate.  No, it is not mandatory in all countries.

Financing -- Loans

JT Holt