Finches/aggressive female finch

Hello, I have a pair of finches that just had a clutch of 4 hatchlings. The hatchlings are about 3 days old. Beginning yesterday afternoon, my female won't let the male any where near the nest and if he moved from a certain spot in the cage, she chases him relentlessly. She's caught him a couple of times, pulling out his feathers and making him squawk. I think I should remove him but before I do I have questions.  The hatchlings are thriving, will the female be able to keep up with them on her own? And...if I remove the male, the only other place I have to put him is in a cage that has a fledgling. It is a bigger cage though. I was going to get a bigger cage for the larger family but I read that if the nest gets disturbed they could abandon the nest. Obviously, I don't want that to happen.  I appreciate any help you can give.  Thank you.

It's best to leave mom and babies alone. Some females are extremely protective of their young. Leave him FOR NOW but keep a very close eye on the cage. Most females will eventually relax once they realize the males won't harm their young. If she doesn't, remove him from the cage but keep him close to the cage. You may end up having to help the mother with feeding since it'll get to be a little rough for her.
You are right NEVER disturb a nest, the chances of the babies being abandoned are high

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet