Finches/cant check society finch nest

Hi Megan I've dealt with zebra finch & canary nesting/babies but I've taken in 3 Society finches & put them with my lone one.
Not sure who's male/female but they did build a nest & all get along great. All 4 sleep in nest at night & one or 2 are in it continually I imagine taking turns. Thing is, I'd like to check & see what's going on in there but same time don't want to bother them. 'If' there are babies, how could I remove a dead 1?
This whole situation has been going on at least 1 week. Thanks!

The only real way to check is to shoo one of the parents out of the nest and check. I have had to do this from time to time and the Societies usually go back because they're parenting is so strong that abandoning a nest isn't really an option (I've had Societies sit on eggs in another bird's nest).
If you REALLY don't want to risk it, just keep a REAL close eye on the cage and when they switch, take a quick peak and see if there are babies and if they're moving. Once you're sure there's babies, once they're old enough they'll start crying for food so all you'll have to do is wake them up (which is pretty easy).

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet