Finches/Baby Zebra Finch

I have had Zebra Finches for several years and have had several clutches. Recently I had a female die after the clutch hatched. I have been hand feeding them for the last 2 weeks. This is my first time hand feeding. My question is?  A couple of time while feeding they have stopped begging and become silent. The Crops are not full. The one acts like he cannot make any sounds at all. I have been very carefull with all of the foods I give them, and keeping everything clean.

Babies will sometimes do that. The best I can figure is that they're full enough to be tired. I usually try stroking their beaks with the syringe to get them to open up again. All else fails, you just come back later to finish feeding. I wouldn't be too worried about this until they start to lose their pinkish color and start to turn yellow

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet