Finches/Adult finches pulling out baby finch tail feathers

We have 3 baby finches hatched 3 weeks ago today they left the nest and a few hours later I noticed the tail feathers on all 3 baby's were pulled out. I do not know if it was the mother, father or the 3rd adult finch in the cage. Is this normal and what should we do.

Unfortunately, some parents do this. I don't know why but sometimes using a sour tasting spray available at pet stores helps. Otherwise you will have to either separate the babies from the parents and attempt handfeeding or wait until the babies are weaned and then separate them from their parents

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet