Finches/soceity finch hurt foot

I have a finch that got the back part of her foot caught in her nest. I'm not sure how long she was caught but I got her foot out and it is swollen but no blood. She isn't putting much weight on it. I have put her in a small cage. Is there anything i can do for her to help her heal? How long should she be kept separated. We live in a very small town and do not have an avian vet around here. The closest one is 100 miles away. Thank you for your time to help me.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you or a vet could do. It could be broken but unless the vet is incredibly skilled, they can't wrap it. The best thing you could do is try and help her rest her foot. I usually do this by wrapping the bird in a soft piece of cloth and keeping her with me for at least an hour. They always struggle in the beginning but they usually fall asleep. This will help her foot rest and make sure she gets the rest she needs

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet