Finches/quiry regarding finch bird.

hai. im vinay here.  i have pair of finch bird, i bought it 4 weeks back and they mated 4 to 5 days back and it has laid 1 egg yesterday  and dont know why the finch bird has thrown it down and the egg is broken. im feeling very sad .( will it lay only 1 egg ? or again if it lays egg  , does it break the egg ? )  normally the finch lay how many eggs ? if in case if i touch the egg , will the finch incubate it or not ? what food should i give for finch bird ? ( if i give boiled egg ,which color should i give weathr white or yellow ?)
should the finch birds be kept inside the house or outside the house. ( hope you answer my quiry ). thanking you.

The amount of eggs that a finch lays depends on the species. As to why the egg is on the bottom of the cage, the male could have thrown it out to get the female to breed again or they simply could have accidentally knocked it out of the nest while they were leaving. Some finch pairs will abandon a nest if you touch it too much (too much can sometimes be once). I do recommend giving boiled eggs to them while they are breeding. I would also recommend checking out for products to help your birds, the owner is very knowledgeable. I always recommend keeping birds inside unless you live in a climate where it is warm all year.  

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet