Finches/Male zebra finch flew away leaving behind the female and three eggs

Kindly advice on what I should do in this situation. Three days ago my male zebra finch flew away leaving behind his doting female and three eggs that they both have been diligently incubating for the past eight days. Now the female is depressed , but trying her best to  incubate  the eggs . Is it a good idea to get another male zebra finch to keep her company? Will it accept the eggs? Since I'm a novice in bird keeping, kindly guide me on the next step. My aviary is kept outside my home.  Thank you very much for the help.

I would not recommend getting another male at this time. I would recommend watching the female (without disturbing her too much) and possibly helping with feeding the infants should any hatch. The chances of another male accepting the eggs are low and there is a good chance the female won't let the newcomer anywhere near her eggs. One thing to consider is getting a pair of Society Finches. They are distantly related to Zebra Finches and make excellent foster parents (they have a habit of going into another bird's nest and sitting on their eggs).

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet