Finches/Baby finch

Question
Pair of zebra finches, 6 eggs (one egg recent). Only 1 baby, today baby left nest, saw mom feeding baby
Can I change out nest, believe 5 eggs no good, nest filthy, it is a homemade box, I can reproduce box or use large bamboo nest. Just afraid they may abandon baby, not even sure if baby can get back into nest
Should I clean, really bad?
Or leave for another week?
Put a new nest in leaving birds to decide?

Answer
Leave the eggs in there for they will help the parents from sitting on the baby too hard. I would not recommend moving the nest or touching it beyond what is necessary. You can replace the nesting material if it's bad but other than that, I would leave it be otherwise they may abandon it. If you're just replacing nesting material, the chances of them abandoning the nest is slimmer

Finches

Megan