Finches/Baby finch

Pair of zebra finches, 6 eggs (one egg recent). Only 1 baby, today baby left nest, saw mom feeding baby
Can I change out nest, believe 5 eggs no good, nest filthy, it is a homemade box, I can reproduce box or use large bamboo nest. Just afraid they may abandon baby, not even sure if baby can get back into nest
Should I clean, really bad?
Or leave for another week?
Put a new nest in leaving birds to decide?

Leave the eggs in there for they will help the parents from sitting on the baby too hard. I would not recommend moving the nest or touching it beyond what is necessary. You can replace the nesting material if it's bad but other than that, I would leave it be otherwise they may abandon it. If you're just replacing nesting material, the chances of them abandoning the nest is slimmer

Requirements of Questions: -CHECK MY WEBSITE WWW.FINCHFAQS.WEBS.COM BEFORE ANSWERS BEFORE ASKING ME -Must use proper grammar (typos I can understand but if you won't make an effort to type properly don't expect me to make an effort to answer your question) -Must include finch species if known and if bird is domestic or not (if you don't say, I will assume it's domestic) -Be as descriptive as possible -No asking about how your bird died If the above requirements are not met, I will dismiss your question (especially the dead bird one). I have no issue donating my time but will not waste it either. I have owned various species of Finches for over thirteen years now and have done everything from hand-feed babies to nurse sick adults back to health. I am most knowledgeable on how to treat Air Sac Mites, feather mites, finch breeding, and finch first aid.

I own finches, have read handbooks on how to care for them,and have researched the internet dry on finches.

Northern Alberta Caged Bird Society

There are no publications

None as of yet