Finches/bengalese finches

Question
hi was just woundring if u could help in any way i have a flight with finches in it and my female as just starting to lay her eggs and i have also noticed that there  is always 3 birds in the nesting box which the eggs are in.they are 2 females and 1 male is this normol behaver thanks in advance adam x

Answer
This is actually normal behavior for Society Finches. All Society finches will stuff themselves into one nest. If you're worried about babies getting squished, put some dud eggs in the nest as well, this will help keep all the finches from sitting too hard on the babies. Other that, just enjoy watching all those little heads poke out

Finches

Megan