Finches/ZEBRA FINCHES

Question
I had 6 finches - 2 being baby finches born October 2015.Stella was sick for 2 weeks and Vet diagnosed her with cancer. She died 2 days ago, her mate is missing her. Other couples are not being friendly to him and fighting with him. At night he calls for her. I don't want to loose him.  Should I get a new mate for him, allow some time before getting one.  Please advise.

Answer
I would try getting him a girlfriend. Start by putting their cages beside each other so they can get used to each other without being able to fight. After a month or so start to introduce them slowly (preferably in a neutral cage that neither has been in). It may take some time but I wish you and your little guy the best of luck

Finches

Megan