Finding Your Purpose in Life/Finding my Purpose

Question
My name is Jessica.  I am a 25 year old recent college grad from Arkansas.  Since my graduation, I have been working as a secretary for a local church.  This isn't exactly what I had in mind for my first "real" job, but, with the tough economy, it was literally the only thing I could find.   

Despite having a job, a nice family and group of friends who support me, and a generally "good" life, I feel like something is missing.  Inside, I have always felt I was meant to do something, but I have been unable to discern what it is I am supposed to do with my life.  This intense feeling of not being complete (for lack of a better word) is very bothersome and makes me feel trapped.  I then get in a cycle of feeling guilty for wanting more, when my life is already so blessed.  I often begin to worry that this feeling of wanting more is just myself being narcissistic.  

How do I find what's missing?  How can I find my true purpose?  

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the matter.  Thanks so much!

Answer
Courage to be You
Courage to be You  
First of all I hope you are okay despite the big storms in Arkansas. I suggest you look at the current situation as just a JOB -- just a bridge to the future -- and begin to create the other parts of your life -- continue to enhance your relationships with friends-- appreciate family and be grateful for all that you do have-- by practicing what I call GRABS -- you'll begin to feel more at ease and realize that like all people it's natural to want more-- to contribute more to the world -- that this "angst" is good not something to ignore-- otherwise you could stagnate --create a Vision Board for 2013 -- see my book THE VISION BOARD and a free chapter at http://tinyurl.com/seeinsidebook or buy the book at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Vision-Board-Joyce-Schwarz/dp/0061956384/ref=sr_1_1?s=book

Finding Your Purpose in Life

Joyce Schwarz