Finding Your Purpose in Life/shift work

For the last few years I have worked as a city bus driver on  the evening shift, 5pm-1am.
I really like the job, but it can be stressfull at times.
Although my health has not really taken a turn for the worse, (I have hypertension which is controlled and sleep apnea I am on a CPAP machine), since working evenings I have gained weight, am a bit more depressed at times, get really 'antsy' at home between 12 and 4 waiting to go to work, and the worst is  have been drinking more on my off days, even binging.
I had the opportunity to take a day shift, 11am -7pm and took it. I cant find much info on the effect  of shift work on health. Do you think moving to this shift will be a positive step?

Here is a link to a video on shiftwork changes. For more just look up shift work changes health" in the google search engine. It could be very helpful to you. And of course the best thing would be to get some exercise and something you're interested in. Chances are the overweight may contribute to the sleep apnea too.
But as the PURPOSE IN LIFE EXPERT -- my concern is what are you doing beyond work-- how about volunteering some time at your church or at a children's or teen center to help others. Consider making a vision board about what dreams you'd love to still live in your life -- be optimistic-- you can see a free copy of chapter one of my book on VISIONING at

Good luck to you  

Finding Your Purpose in Life

Joyce Schwarz

How to change careers, how to apply the law of attraction to your career, creating multiple streams of income, successful recareering, creating your life path, changing careers, when just another job is not enough, creating abundance, attitude of gratitude, volunteering, mentoring, how to use a vision board, dream board, wisdom or life collage to manifest your destiny

Joyce Schwarz is an author and internationally known career strategist. She created AOL's WORKPLACE OF THE FUTURE forum and her book "SUCCESSFUL RECAREERING" When Just Another Job Is Not Enough is a best seller. She has been interviewed by Wall Street Journal, NBC News, PBS TV, NPR radio, and more than 75 magazines and newspapers and hundreds of other radio stations. She is the author of the upcoming book "The Vision Board" Unlock the Secret to An Extraordinary Life, Harper Collins Publishing, Collins Design, fall, 2008,

Interactive Television Alliance, Women in Film, Pacific Rim Chamber of Commerce Board member, ABWA Boss of the Year,

BSJ -- undergraduate degree in Journalism, Ohio University, Masters Degree, USC School of Cinema and TV, MBA studies, University of San Francisco, APR (certified PRSA), MPW degree, CBC (certified business counselor)

ABWA Boss of the Year, AAAA awards and citations, ACPRA award, Time-Life Citation for direct response, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in Entertainment, President's Council Business Woman of the Year, 2007, NEA Grant (co-recipient), California Arts Council grant (recipient) Colorado Women's Foundation (recipient).

More than 10,000 workshop students in cities such as New York, SFO, San Diego and Los Angeles. Corporate clients range from Sheraton Hotels to AT&T and such major brands as Revlon and Philips Electronics. Seemore at