Finding Your Purpose in Life/shift work

For the last few years I have worked the evening shift, 5pm-1am.
Although my health has not really taken a turn for the worse, (I have hypertension which is controlled and sleep apnea I am on a CPAP machine), I have gained weight, am a bit more depressed at times, and have been drinking more on my off days.
I had the opportunity to take a day shift, 11am -7pm and took it. I cant find much info on the effect  of shift work on health. Do you think moving to this shift will be a positive step?

There are some studies that show detrimental effects on health. I can't comment on your particular situation since it is a health-related question but I can suggest that you try the day shift so you can have a more normal schedule.
I also recommend you establish a regular schedule for eating, sleeping and exercising. If you are still having issues, please see your doctor.

Finding Your Purpose in Life

Nancy Christie

I offer advice and recommendations on making changes in your life, developing goals and getting out of your rut. This applies to both personal and professional situations. Please note: I do not provide specific career advice. I would suggest you consult a career counselor for those types of issues.

Developer of "Rut-Busting" series of workshops Creator of the Community of Change web site ( Former host of Take Charge of Your Life on VoiceAmerica Radio Author of THE GIFTS OF CHANGE, published by Beyond Words/Atria, with three foreign language editions.

American Society of Journalists and Authors

Cancer Fighters Thrive, Daily Health News, Healthy Woman, Woman's Day, Stress-Free Living, Tai Chi Magazine, Experience Life, HomeBusiness Journal (columnist), Succeed

Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH

The Ritz-Carlton, GA Chrysalis-A Center for Women, MN Villa Maria Education and Spirituality Center, PA Breast Cancer Support Group, PA