Finding Your Purpose in Life/Advice

Hello Elizabeth,

I'm Russ. Not sure if you can help. In a nutshell I am 39 yrs old, studied biotech in college, worked in research for 10 yrs then went into sales in 2008 and have been doing it ever since. Problem is I feel completely unfulfilled, am not a very good sales person but deep down have this drive an ambition that wants to come out, only thing is i cant seem to find my calling. My current job has made me unmotivated and lazy and I hate being like this. I feel i have the potential to be something great but I just dont know where to even begin.  Going back to school at this point in my life isnt really an option.  My true passions are photography and travel and not going into an office every day is nice; also not a fan of corporate America.  Any words of wisdom you can provide would be very much appreciated. I just dont wanna waste another 10 yrs of my life being miuserable and going in the wrong direction.  Thanks for listening :)

Dear Russ,

Let me qualify my response with three points before proceeding.  I am a minister, a natural health advocate, and "homesteading" entrepreneur.  I am not exactly what you would call mainstream. (smile) So that is the perspective from which I view life and offer advice.

I believe we were all endowed with specific talents and interests by our Creator, and working outside of them causes a void in our life.  We don't feel motivated or fulfilled trying to fill that void and ignore our true interests.  I think that's a lot of what is wrong across the board in mainstream America.  It's impossible to fill a G-d sized void with mundane things such as money and entertainment.  Some I guess do, but many do not . . .

Here's my suggestion.  Don't quit your day job, yet; but redirect your free time.  If I could afford it, I'd pay a biotech person to help do the research and take the stand against GMO.  There are all sorts of opportunities for photography in journalism.  I edit an internet publication and am glad to post links for folks jumping out of mainstream.

It's a matter of being adventurous in the right direction, which will probably result in your circle of influence telling you you're crazy!  I didn't enter ministry until my mid 30s and had my first book published at 40, so it seems this may be about the age to launch out.  I can't tell you specifically what you should do, but if you put G-d first, the real plan for you, truly will fall into place.  Please visit my website, the links and the images are, ind fact, the way I spend my time and live my life.

I wish you well.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz

Finding Your Purpose in Life

K D Elizabeth Beisinger

I can answer questions in regard to someone's natural interests and talents, as well as encourage various applications of those interests and talents in the work force toward a career and lifestyle. I am a minister, so I bring a spiritual perspective to this issue.

I am a Messianic Missionary, author, and talents coach. I counsel many young people in their search for a life's purpose as well as counseling those that feel the need for a career change or full lifestyle change.

Berea Tabernacle

Many Voices Can We All Be Wrong? While He May Be Found Creation Therapy the Threshold of Technocracy Simply Abundant

Institute of Biblical Studies, The American Academy of Clinical Homeopathy, Studies of Natural Healing through Herbs, Massage Therapy Institute