Fine Art/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Remo Capone Paintings3/23/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a set of framed oil paintings of boy and girl which look to be dressed in Swiss or European ...
  A: I hope you are doing well. I do not give value estimates on art through allexperts. However, I can ...
La Coqueta painting3/21/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: How do you tell a La Coqueta painting by Puyet Copy from the Original? Thanks, Hank Glass ...
  A: La Coqueta images for sale on the secondary market are all reproductions after the original ...
Chagall Signed Print3/19/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: Headley: I have a Marc Chagall print titled- Le Cantique des Cantiques IV-The Song of Songs IV. It ...
  A: I checked my Chagall resources and I cannot find a limited edition of that image in the size you ...
A geisha painting3/12/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: This is Saya again. Thank you for your reply! Would you mind take a look at this painting? It was ...
  A: Your painting was distributed by a company called Personal Preference who sold paintings at home ...
LLewellen keith decarlo3/7/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a signed lithograph from de carlo and it has 2 bulls on it with the sun in the background of ...
  A: I was able to find similar images as you describe your print; except with one bull and like you said ...
Vanguard Studios3/6/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: it says its from Vanguard Studios. It's stamped with a white "Gamboa" stamp and signed in ink by the ...
  A: You have a limited edition print after a painting by Consuelo Gamboa. I do not recognize the ...
value question on diane reineke oil paiting2/28/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: need to find value on a oil painting from Diane Reineke , signed with a certificate of auuthenation ...
  A: I found a California artist by the name of Diana Reineke, (1934-2002), that painted landscapes. I do ...
Jean Baptist Corot2/16/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a framed print of Jean Baptist Corot, The Wood Gatherers, copyright of Louis Wolff and Co. I ...
  A: It is not possible for me to assist you in finding a value for your print without knowing what kind ...
Oil Painting2/15/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have this oil painting that was in one of my tenant's apartment that had passed away. It is an oil ...
  A: I found another painting in the same style and signature as your painting. It attributes the ...
Oil Painting signed Barister2/10/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have an oil painting of a winter scene signed Barister with one r. I have tried looking the artist ...
  A: I too could not come up with an artist using only one "r" in the last name. I checked all of my ...
NIcolai Ulfsten picture 18832/3/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: my grand mother brought this piainting over from Europe in the late 1950's I believe. I assume it ...
  A: One of the clues you can use to determine if you have an original painting is look for it on the ...
Ida Jackson - Painter2/1/2017Dolly D Headley
  Q: I believe I have an original painting by Ida Jackson of Mother and Child. The painting is signed ...
rembrandt8/29/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I found a recreation of Rembrandts "man with the golden helmet" on the side of the road. but printed ...
  A: You have a reproduction print after the original painting that resides at the Staatliche Museum. ...
Oil painting8/28/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have an oil painting of a floral arrangement signed "Frank's" and hoping to find more info on it
  A: I feel fairly certain your painting is by Leon Franks (Californian, 1914-1970). He signed with both ...
Robert cox painting8/27/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have been hanging on to a painting my mother gave me for years. It is signed robert cox and is in ...
  A: I have a Robert Cox, (1934 - 2001), floral still life in my collection. He is an American artist who ...
James M Sessions Watercolor8/6/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I was at a yard sale in Narragansett RI today and came across an interesting watercolor. It looks to ...
  A: Session's original watercolor work is currently selling at auction in the $600-$1000 range. Since ...
identification of artist7/16/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I can't read the signature on my painting and am having a hard time finding it anywhere. Can you ...
  A: You have a limited edition lithograph print by Pati (Pat) Bannister called “Guinevere”. Guinevere ...
Please help identify7/15/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a print from my mother in laws estate that I quite love. I think it's a print, although it ...
  A: I love it as well. What you have is a Batik. It is an original art piece that is basically created ...
Identification of two prints7/2/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I would love to know about the artist who made these prints. Any information would be greatly ...
  A: The print you posted is an original color etching called, "Bruges. Place de la Ligue", by Roger ...
MARTEN6/26/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I recently purchased a painting for my living room. I just picked it up and brought it without ...
  A: I found other paintings online by this artist signed as Marten. I will give you a link to one on ...
Art6/25/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a couple of pictures ,both approx. 24in x 18in both by artist signed frank Sherwin.Im not ...
  A: Usually if a piece of art has a sticker on the back with inventory numbers it is a reproduction ...
harland young painting6/23/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a painting ive acquired from an auction, beautiful 52x28 oil painting, signed bottom left. I ...
  A: By the tag on the painting, I believe you likely have a reproduction print of a Harland Young ...
Rudolf Lesch framed print6/21/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: Just looking for history and value of a Rudolf Lesch framed print that used to hand in my ...
  A: I hope you are doing well. Whenever I hear there are printed titles and style numbers I know that ...
robert chaillous6/19/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: still life by robert chaillous i have a print on canvas of grapes. in the bottom left hand corner it ...
  A: Your print is a reproduction of an original painting by the artist. DAC N.Y. stands for Donald Art ...
Value of Leonardo Nierman6/8/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I purchased an original Leonardo Nierman entitled "Flight Sensation" It is acrylic on panel Purchase ...
  A: Leonardo Nierman (born November 1, 1932), full name Leonardo Nierman Mendelejis, is a Mexican artist ...
Maher, Anwar Marcos6/7/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: i have painting from Chase in Oakbrook purchased in 1974 ot 1975. any info on artist and any value ...
  A: Your painting appears to be by the artist known as Maher Morcos as well as other versions of his ...
Luigi Lucioni Watercolor Original6/4/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a signed original Luigi Lucioni watercolor of some Vermont Barns. I am trying to identify it ...
  A: You have a lovely watercolor painting by the artist. Luigi Lucioni did not paint with watercolors ...
Question About Who The Artist Is4/24/2016D. E. Lombardo
  Q: E. Lombardo, I've owned this painting for awhile now. I could never figure out for the life of me ...
  A: of the subject. Yes, you are most probably correct in the assumption that the painting is ...
Help with painting identification4/24/2016Andrew Evans
  Q: Good Evening, Recently I bought an oil on canvas painting in an antique store, the owner had no ...
  A: sorry for my delay. This is outside of my expertise but to me the first letter looks like an L ...
Authentic Albert Servaes ?4/21/2016Andrew Evans
  Q: My husband has inherited a painting from his parents that they acquired back in the 1950's. It has ...
  A: My sincere apologies for the delay. Unfortunately this is outside of my expertise. but from what I ...
painting/print4/14/2016Andrew Evans
  Q: I'm hoping you may be able to shed some light on a painting I have. I don't have much information to ...
  A: I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I was in a rush but I should've been more polite. My sincere ...
Vasarely4/7/2016Andrew Evans
  Q: I have just recently purchased at a public auction a Vasarely piece from a Connecticut estate and ...
  A: I don't personally like the signature. I compared it to the works in this gallery as they deal a lot ...
Question4/2/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have found an illustration I really like on a site and even though I've been searching for a long ...
  A: It looks like an engraving. Look for limited edition engraving with the name of the artist or print ...
Painting identification request...3/28/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I'd like some help with a piece of artwork I recently inherited.... Known history is that it was ...
  A: I am certain you have an original pastel on paper. Very nice work. I am having trouble making out ...
A. RICHTER3/27/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have an A. Richter painting that I am not sure who the artist is. I looked up the name and got ...
  A: I reviewed my artist books and online lists to find an artist who signs A.Richter and paints in the ...
Hello3/22/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: Please help me identify these two paintings. The one of the farmer came from my grandmother's ...
  A: They are both beautiful, but I would need to see clear images with close up photos of the signatures ...
Henry Reeks3/21/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I have a water coloring of "Turn Table S.F." by Henry D. Reeks would you please provide me with ...
  A: Harry Reeks was a Louisiana painter who also spent time in California after the war. Most of his ...
Oceanos Drawing3/15/2016D. E. Lombardo
  Q: Good evening Mr. Lombardo, I hope I am asking the right person; My mother has an 84 year old friend ...
  A: which as usual - also poses greata number of other queries, which all need to be answered. The ...
Signature of a Vanguard Print2/5/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: I can't read the signature of my print or painting to research the value. Can you assist? On the ...
  A: I cannot tell if you have a painting, or if it is on paper behind glass. I know there were prints ...
Catalda Fine Arts, Inc. No artist name2/1/2016Dolly D Headley
  Q: My name is Glenn and I inherited some paintings from my mother when she passed away last year. Many ...
  A: I was not able to locate an image of the blue lady, but the "green lady" is an illustration from "A ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Dolly D Headley

Top Expert on this page