Fine Art/1866 Painting Portrait of Woman-ID

Question
Portrait of a Woman 1866 Painting  (reading a letter)
Portrait of a Woman 18  
This 1866 painting has been in our family for many generations.  I'm finally trying to identify the Artist's/Painter's signature, so I can determine the value of the painting.

You see, my daughter has a brain tumor, and I may want to sell the painting to have money for a new special alternative medical treatment for my daughter that is currently being offered in Europe.

I doubt this alternative treatment will be covered under our regular medical insurance plan, and since I'm disabled and on chemotherapy myself, selling this painting may be the quickest and most prudent move at this time.

Pictures of the painting and close-ups of the difficult to read signature are attached per instructions of the local Art Museum.  As far as we can tell, the signature consists of "P." initial, a second name that starts with a "M", "1866" clearly, and another 3rd name/word underneath which is barely legible and appears to start with a "R","H",or "K" (our best guess).

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated, especially since there is nothing more valuable to me than my daughter's health.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

regards,

Stacia  

Answer
Dear Stacia, Looks to be a good painting, "I'll need a full set of images per my standard request below. It's best to take photos outdoors in bright indirect light. For close-ups use the macro setting on your camera, and I need a better image of the signature.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed).
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes