Fine Art/1934 Dali drawing hand signed "Etude Repararatorie pour Cabinet Anthropomorphique

Question
Hello Alan, I have a chance to purchase an original? 1934 Dali drawing with above title. Has a COA from 1966 Maitre de Baumont Cabinet D Expertise S Wilson Ave paris. I know the history from 1974 on but not from 1934 to 1974. Seller wants $1850. Dali signature is only his last name. I thought that he only signed his full name in the 1930s? Finally, if this is authentic then it is 2 years before the Anthropomorphic Cabinet or the City of Drawers (1936) what is the difference between these two pieces or are they the same piece different titles? I can email you the photos of the piece and COA he sent to me. Thanks for any assistance, you were a lifesaver last time I didn't buy the piece and the seller returned it to his seller!! Best Wishes, Jeff  

Answer
Jeff--this is a tricky one.  Hard to tell what's real and what isn't, as there is no definitive catalog of Dali drawings.  I have not heard of the man who prepared the COA.  I'm not sure that Dali signed his full name 100% of the time in the 30s.  Price sounds cheap.  I really don't know what to advise.  Sorry.  Alan.

Alan Klevit