Fine Art/19th or 20th Century Fox Hunt

Question
Fox Hunt Gathering
Fox Hunt Gathering  
I bought a framed print reproduction, not a modern replica as far as I can tell. After searching, I can't find the artist or any information. It was framed by a company that did fine arts framing in the first half of the 20th century. Someone paid a premium to have it matted and framed, not that it means anything else.
I hate to crack it open, just to see the artists name, but that's what it has come to.
My question is, am I making a mistake, by removing the print, in order to identify it. Does and older quality frame, make a difference in the value, or doesn't it matter?

pre-1923 © has expired

Any other way to find the artist or the name of the work?

Answer
Pete, Without seeing the work in person it is very difficult to give you detailed advice.  Take it to a local picture framer and have them open it up - they will charge you for their time but in return they will insure it is carried out properly.  The copyright was likely renewed so do not assume it has expired simply because it is past 50 or 75 years.  There are thousands of hunting scene prints - it most likely has little value no matter who the artist was.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke