Fine Art/19th century artist Emmanuel Oberhausen

Question
I own a painting by Emmanuel Oberhausen, that has been in my family over fifty years. The painting is from a scene from the opera Tannhauser by Wagner. The only information I have been able to obtain is that he was a 19th century neo-classical artist, that has a very popular work called the "Roman Bath". It is in print or poster form only and is readily available on the internet. Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Answer
Dear Jess, There is not much information on this artist. He is listed as Emmanuel Oberhausen (and Oberhauser)20th century Austrian painter of genre, portraits, mythology, and Roman subjects. I looked through five years of art auctions in Vienna, and found nothing by him. The only auction price I could find anywhere was for a large painting, perhaps the one you mentioned, 31 x 47 inches, sold in 1990 $13,450.
Sorry, that's all the information I can locate.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes