Fine Art/First of September, Walter Dendy Sadler

Question
I have a black and white of the First of September signed (looks like pencil) by Sadler and the etcher/engraver (looks like Lowenstain or Lowenstein). There is some writing at the top right, but it is faded. On the back (which is in very bad shape due to being stored in a very unfriendly [hot] environment for a long time) are some stickers identifying the art piece and a gallery in Baltimore in which it was displayed around the turn of the 20th century. If it would help, I can take the piece down and check the info and give a full description of what is written. This appears to be the original frame, etc. I would like to have it appraised for insurance purposes. Is it of enough value to contact an art appraiser?

thanks in advance,

Tim

Answer
Hello Tim,  Prints by Walter Dendy Sadler are of little value, under $150.00, so I suggest there is no need to have the work you have appraised for insurance purposes.  You should contact your insurance broker to confirm what your insurance policy requires.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke