Fine Art/GH and J Smillie

Question
I have what appears to be a pencil drawing by GH Smillie of a small cabin homestead type setting. The signature G>H> Smillie appears in the botton right corner.  Below the signature it reads, Kerne Valley - Sep 7th 1880.  It has been in my family for at least 40 years. Purchased at a yard sale.  Is this of any value?  I can't seem to find any comps for GH Smillie in the pensil drawing category.  I also have what appears to be an etching by J Smillie titled "By the Autumn Sea".  I'm not quite sure what to do with these as I just have them hanging in my laundry room.  Hope you can lead me in the right direction.  Thank you for your time and expertise.

Answer
Dear Colleen, I do not research prints.
Regarding your drawing, they do not usually bring much money unless by a big, big name. If you like you can send me images of the drawing.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed).
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes