Fine Art/Oil on canvas by R. Lindstrom (Rikard Lindstrom)

Oil on canvas by R. Lindstrom
Oil on canvas by R. Li  
I bought a painting at an estate sale a few years ago, it is set in brown tones of some fishing boats in a dock signed R. Lindstrom. I know a little about this artist but I am unsure how much my painting is worth.
Lindstrom is listed in Davenports 2007/2008 Art Reference & Price Guide & Hislop's International Price Guide to Fine Art. This Swedish artist was born in 1882 & died in 1943. He is known for painting Landscapes, Beaches, Harbors, Fjords, Boats, Fisherman & Ducks.
Can you help?

Best Regards, Normie  

Hello Norma,  Your painting is not the Rikard Lindstrom you selected from the price guide.  Your painting looks like a 'furniture store' painting created in the 1950/60s, not the 1900s.  The style, composition, line, colour and signature are not Rikard Lindstrom's.  I do not know who painted the work you have but it is not worth more than a hundred dollars - tops.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.