Fine Art/Old print of Venice

Question
Venice
Venice  
This was my Grandmothers and I was wondering what it was. I can not make out the signature in the frame. Should I take it out or would that not be the best.

Answer
Research Palace of the Doge, Canaletto. The image is of the Doge's Palace in Venice Italy. There were old posters on cardboard and other prints of this image.  If you have an original, I would not take it out of the frame, have a museum framer do that, unless it is a low end replica or poster, then a local framer can do it without damaging the print.
Being able to determine the letters in the signature would really help things, see what you can do with a magnifying glass etc.  Maybe use a photographers loop to look at the letters in the signature.

Dan

Dan Twyman